The last four days I was able to take a trip to Oregon and see my family all the while Mat was off playing with Grandpa Haderlie, Tucker and our friend Adam catching lots of fish. Mat said he took some pictures, which I will post once I find them. :) I, on the other hand, had my sister take pictures for me, since I was camera-less in Oregon. :)
I was able to see my dad. This was the first time I saw him since his heart transplant. The transplant surgery was back in April so I was anxious to see the change. Here is a picture we took the week before the surgery.
This was from Easter. The following week, if daddy did not get the transplant, the doctor would have admitted him and raised the status for the transplant. I'm glad that we didn't have to experience the what if's.
Here is a picture from this last Saturday:
It was so great to see him look 10 years younger and with a little meat on his bones! We had a great visit just catching up. I wish I had more time to visit, it was such a short trip. This coming fall, we're hoping to go visit again, but we will see.
Also on this trip, I was able to catch up with my mom for an afternoon and did a little shopping. My niece wanted to have makeovers and my sister made such awesome food, I don't ever have to go to a five star restaurant!
I will try to get the pictures from Mat's trip up tonight! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment