25 December 2009

Treats, Blessings & Construction

Merry Christmas!!!
It's been a wonderful holiday season!! We hope everyone feels the same! I truly love the spirit of Christmas and all the blessings it brings!
To start the season off, I made a full load of sweet treats this year!Including:
*Chocolate Crinkles
*Russian Tea Cakes
*Cran-Orange Mini Muffins
*Pumpkin Spice Snowflakes (that look like flowers, but oh well!)
*Double Chocolate Brownie Shortbread
*Chocolate Truffles
*Samoa Coconut Chocolate Bites (mmm...reminds you of those girl scout cookie selling days!)
*Cinnamon Toast White Chocolate Pretzels
I had more on my list, but ran out of time! I even scrapbooked the treat bags this year! And yes, I labeled each treat, it worked out better than the guessing "what's this??". Which Mat about died when he came home from work on one of my "scrapbook construction" days! When I get in a mode, I can't control the amount of mess I make, but I am sure to pick it up when I'm done. I don't think I would be able to handle it if I left it this way.....

However, after this experience, Mat decided to take matter's in his own hands....sooo....for Christmas, I got a desk!
I will have my own area to do all my crafts and create my organized creative disasters elsewhere, besides the living room floor. I was so excited! However, Mat is going on day 2 of building the desk....so it literally feels, sounds and smells like a construction zone in our little place. Still, he's amazing and really did good this year! *I'll post pictures after the room is all set up, it might be another day or two...there's a lot to organize.*
Beyond that, we are having a fantastic Christmas day by spending time together, watching movies and relaxing while consuming pizza and sparkling apple cider. We have quirky little traditions, but they are definitely memorable!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Your goodies sound awesome! How do you make Cinnamon Toast White Chocolate Pretzels?