16 August 2010

Plan B, C, D, E, F, G....

Our trip home turned into quite an adventure!

We were bumped from the direct flight from London to Houston, so we had to come up with a Plan B. However, by the end of the day, we gave up on making plans around Plan G since none of the others played out really well.
We were also in a slight time crunch.
 Mat had to be back to work by Monday morning and I need to be in SLC by Monday night.
With this in mind, our trip home looked like:

London to Newark, N.J./N.Y.
Newark, N.J./N.Y. to Knoxville, TN
Knoxville, TN to Houston, Texas
(this is where Mat & I parted ways - and I took the following flight)
Houston, TX to Salt Lake City, Utah

The adventure didn't stop there!

I was stuck in SLC (every flight was booked, overbooked and I was on the bottom of the standby list since I was without Mat) until Friday in which I had to fly to Denver, CO and then to Houston, TX.

I landed at 3pm on Friday, grabbed food, unpacked/repacked and was back at the airport by 5:30pm to catch the flight for our very last weekend of the summer.

Which leads to...see the next post...

No comments: