28 March 2010

...interview outcome, cake and travels...

I gave Mat the responsibility of posting about his interview, but....he has left it up to me. Overall, the interview went very well (according to Mat) and now it's a waiting game. We should hear in the next week or so whether he is in or on to new adventures... He said it was great to "breathe the Texas air", but definately was an extremely long day. He flew down to Houston and arrived home after midnight...however, now it's all about waiting...

In the meantime of waiting on the phone call/email/correspondance...we are trying to keep busy! Mat is trying to finish his instructor's ratings along with keeping up on his school work. I'm taking a short break from school (only a few weeks to get passed all of our upcoming travels), but still working full time.

I've also thought of all the crafty projects that I wish I had time to do and now...I am hoping to complete them all! I've been baking a little here and there...my favorite lately seems to be Apple Pie A La Mode Cake. I adapted it from a Rachael Ray recipe from years ago.(This is especially for Mrs. Heidi H, who has asked for my recipes or at least to put them on my blog...so here you go, girl!:) )

1 yellow cake box mix (make according to box directions)
1-2 Apples (chopped in small cubes - peeling is optional)
Cinnamon & Sugar

Pour cake into desired pans, muffin liners, loaf pans (whatever you'd like!). Mix apple cubes with cinnamon & sugar, until all apple pieces are coated. Top cake batter with apple cubes and bake according to box directions. (You might need to bake it an extra 5-10 minutes more than what the box suggests.)

Vanilla ice cream is the best topping! You can also use whip cream, but really...ice cream is the best! It is such a easy, yet yummy treat!

We have a few upcoming trips that we are so excited for! We definately could use a break - so a quick weekend trip to Oregon and a week in Texas all in the upcoming month will be enough to hopefully tie us over for a while.

1 comment:

gillian said...

Good luck with the job! I really hope he gets it! Of course it will be sad if you go to Texas... but it will be a good experience for you!!