13 May 2010

Surgery Success!

Before:

After:

(those towels are holding my peas & carrot ice packs)

Teeth pulled.
Swelling begun.
Pain intense.

Everything went better than the doctor expected.
There were concerns of permanent nerve damage on the lower jaw because of where the wisdom teeth were. Along with sinus cavity damage concerns since both top wisdom teeth had invaded that area.
However, before we left for the surgery, Mat & one of our good friends gave me a blessing and prayed, which helped not only calm me down, but also gave me peace of mind.

There is no nerve damage nor sinus cavity damage - all went great!
Now, recovery begins.
Bring on the mash potatoes, jello, pudding, ice cream, etc.
Even if I'm craving a big juicy cheeseburger with french fries - strawberry jello trumps all.
:)

Mat has been super awesome today taking care of me! He even caught me when I almost fell down the stairs. Ha ha! That was when I still was on the anesthesia.
He's off to Houston for the day tomorrow, he has his official shadow day for the internship.
Wish him luck!!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, I'm glad things turned out better than they could have! Hope you recover soon and eat whatever you want/can! :)

Shaun said...

We hope you have a quick recovery! If you want some homemade soup give me a call =) We need to return your movies too-we liked both of them a lot! Let us know when you're up to having visitors. We love you guys!

Love, Lanette

Jenna said...

Glad that it went well! You're a trooper. They told me the same thing about my sinuses and nerves, and I didn't have any problems either! Yay! I hope you feel better soon!

Laura Beardall said...

I'm glad everything went well. It was fun seeing you guys the other night.