"It takes a long time to become young."
Pablo Picasso
| Grand-ma-ma (at 19) & I at my wedding. .September 2007. |
I remember as I was growing up and still to this day, my beloved Grand-ma-ma has always remained the beautiful age of 19. She has never been a day over 19 or a day younger than 19. She has simply been 19.
I realized how truly blessed I've been this past year to have experienced all the things I had - travel the world at the drop of a dime. To have a top-notch husband - who is just amazing! To have the best family and friends a girl could ask for!
A few high lights of the birthday events....I basically had the entire month of October as a celebration, so it was fantastic!
* My dear friend, Gillian (she's the adorable blonde in the picture with the green arrow pointing to her) headed up a birthday party shin-dig in my honor full of BBQ, cake & good conversation! It was so great to see a lot of our friends, some we hadn't seen since before we left for the summer. Gillian did AMAZING with the decorations! (Thanks again Gillian! You are so sweet!! :))
The Cooks...
| My birthday flowers & balloons. |
| The Ding-Dong Cake |
*The gals at my work went ALL out! I felt so spoiled! I walked into work and waiting for me on my desk were flowers & balloons! AND they got me a sparkly scarf (that is fabulous!!), jewelry and my favorite candy! Oh, but wait! There's more! They took me to lunch at La Jolla Groves, it's in the shops at Riverwoods in Provo and let me tell you.....you know...there really aren't words to describe how delicious the food was, just give it a try & you'll see. And there's more!!! They even brought me the BEST cake EVER....there is probably a fancy name for it, but we refer to it as "the Ding-Dong Cake" (think the chocolate-creme filled Hostess Ding Dongs). This cake has a creamy, vanilla mousse center (that is heavenly) with thin moist, light chocolate cake layers all surrounded by a delectable chocolate ganache and sprinkled with cocoa powder....it will give you a sugar high and chocolate fix for DAYS.
*To top off the birthday celebration, there was a small group of friends that joined Mat & I at Pizzeria 712 (literally, I'm addicted to this place) for dinner. It was a whole new experience, since Mat & I were the only ones who had ever went! Dinner was quite yummy and satisfying...:)
After an evening full of the best pizza, hummus and friendly conversation, we wrapped it all up with cake & sparkling cider.
All in all, this was one of the most memorable birthdays yet. As hesitant as I was, I now don't mind embracing this new year of growing older...and gaining the experience I will need to forever be 19.
Thank you everyone for celebrating with me, the many birthday wishes, phone calls and the thoughtful words (via email or text)!

.jpg)
1 comment:
i want to come back to celebrate! Jen you look great!
Post a Comment