Mat turned another year older which meant it was time for a party!
Or at least a winter BBQ!
There was really no comparing this year's celebration to last year's.
I asked Mat for weeks what he wanted to do for his birthday and never could get a response.
It was down to the wire and I still hadn't received a response. Until I started throwing out ideas...
And it came to: grill up some food and eat it...as long as there was Mom Haderlie's Mint Cake.
(Note: This Mint Cake is a sacred recipe that took me 9 months of dating/engagement & 9 months of marriage to get from Mom Haderlie....so you can always have a piece, but the recipe is top secret. :) )
Mat enjoyed the day overall and felt so loved from all the birthday wishes he was sent!
Not to go all softy-like, I thought I'd share my top 10 favorite things about Mat.
(If I do anymore than 10, you all might just get sick of all the lovey-dovey mushy-gushy-ness, so I'll save you.)
10. He has amazing cooking skills as long as a grill or cast iron are involved.
9. He's fearless in my book....or just about.
8. He is a smarty pants...we're talking literally...Honor Society, math genius, A's in all his classes, etc.
7. Everytime we're in the car, he sings along to the radio...loudly and mostly on tune. (I think it's cute.)
6. He has a hardcore desire to fly all over the place and is an amazingly talented pilot.
5. He's a cheeseball and makes me laugh a lot. (See picture below.)
4. He will try just about everything once...including foreign, gourmet cheese.
3. He will clean the house when he's trying to persuade me and/or when he purchases a new toy.
2. He is very level headed & calm, which helps keep me balanced (since I am usually the complete opposite).
1. He's my best friend, partner in crime, travel buddy and good ol' hubby for eternity...and well...
I think I hit the jackpot!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAT!!
2 comments:
That was such a fun party! I'd have to say the hamburgers were amazing and the mint cake out of this world! Thanks again for inviting us.
Happy Birthday Mat! You guys have the best parties. We hope we can get together with you guys soon!
Post a Comment