10 April 2010

Mat's New Toy

Here are a few hints of what it could be...

#1 Location is important...

#2 Earplugs are needed...


#3 Targets are a must...

Any ideas??


#4 Something to hit the target with is required....

Look closely...c'mon...got it yet??


What about now??

Mat has asked continously for the last 8 months if he could invest in another gun. We both grew up around firearms, so this didn't seem as a big deal to me as say a car...however, I bargained with him. I get a kitchen aid mixer, he could get a gun. I haven't got my own kitchen aid mixer, (thanks Ang, for loaning me yours for months now!) but I did cave in when Mat wanted this new toy.

To see if the money was worth it though, we took it to the hills! I've shot rifles, but never a hand gun, so new experience here we come...Mat first showed me how it was done.

Feet planted, back straight, lean into it....


Focus on your target, aim & shoot...
Sounded easy enough. Let's give it a shot...

Feet, back, lean...


target, aim, shoot...smile for the camera!
(For the record, those are my aviator sunglasses...being a pilot's wife, I guess they were a must...I missed that memo for three years now, but finally got in the game!)

Mat thought since he will soon be living in Texas (even if it was for just 3 months), it was only protocol to have a(nother) gun. He's just your modern day redneck cowboy, apparently.
Overall, it was a great time! Mat tells me it's a way to relieve stress, I am not so sure about that. But it was definately fun, I just have to work on my aim now.

:)

1 comment:

Laura Beardall said...

What is it with boys and guns? What are we going to do with these boys and their toys? It's so hard to stand your ground when they beg and beg and beg. It's really great to see them so happy though. Adam was the happiest I've ever seen him when he shot those two jack rabbits with his new gun. It's like they're in their element.