09 June 2012

Camping x 2

We have gone camping, not once, but TWICE since June started! We have a big Haderlie Camp Out coming up and well...I need practice before I take that leap. I haven't been camping since 2009 (I know, I know). The first camping trip was not the easiest, but the second one was MUCH better! Granted, we had some crazy wind, but it was still much more enjoyable. I even surprised Mat by having the car packed and ready to go when he walked in the door!

Once we had camp set up, Mat went fishing while I hung out at the campsite reading a delightful book and having some good ol' quality me time. Mat caught a bunch of little fish and then one decent sized one. He let the little ones go, but then he cooked up the decent sized one to go with dinner.

The first camp trip, we took WAY to much stuff and this camp trip we simplified everything. We roasted hot dogs for dinner (along with the fish), smores for dessert and then oatmeal and strawberries for breakfast. We only could spare an overnight trip, but it was still very much worth it!

I'm looking forward to the upcoming camp outs! I was too busy to take pictures for the first camp trip and only took two from our second one...
Our campsite

Mat & his fish

1 comment:

Goldylocks and the Barrows said...

At least you remember everything! I always forget something of ours. Actually, at least 2 things... hope you had a blast! We went two weekends in a row too so I think it is time for a break!