Then...She helped me with my very first ever batch of strawberry freezer jam! And Oh. My. Goodness. It turned out so good!
We couldn't have jam without something yummy to put them on...so we made homemade rolls. Not just any rolls, but Mom Haderlie style rolls. I have tried this recipe a few times before, but never could get them just right. The last batch was an epic fail and they were awful. Mom Haderlie walked me through step by step and Oh. My. Goodness. I was in HEAVEN! We were digging into them the very moment they came out of the oven!
I was also trying to finish all the preparations for my summer school class. I will be teaching 3rd grade - I'm really excited about it! These kids are a lot of fun. I've been working in their class for the last few months of school and have enjoyed it. My focus for summer school is more on reading - I made bookmarks for all the kiddos in my class. Mom Haderlie helped me so much with them! We also made reading folders (they have a chapter card, reading journal and reading list in them). It was an all afternoon project and they're done!
We had such a good time! Can't wait to go camping this summer with the Haderlie family!




No comments:
Post a Comment