08 August 2013

Baking Adventures

Since moving, I haven't really done much cooking or baking...for those of you who know me, this is very unlike me. We have the baby shower coming up, so I thought I'd give a few things a go. Thank you Pinterst for the inspiration.

First up, was the Texas Sheet Pie.

Pinterst Version can be found here. (It won't let me upload the picture.)
 
My Version:

It tasted yummy, but it might not look the best. :) I cheated and used Pillsbury pie crusts...I would suggest making the crust. The refrigerated crust just didn't hold up as well as I thought, but again, still yummy! (Especially when you have a preggo craving pie!)

Second Adventure, the Flag Cake:

The baby shower colors were red, white & blue. Mom Haderlie found this recipe and thought it would be perfect for the baby shower! However, we needed to test it out first...

The Pinterst Version can be found here. (Again, it won't let me up load the picture.)

Now our version....

Remember, we were just testing the recipe - so it's a little crooked.
I repeat, just a tester! :)

We also ran out of red food coloring in the process - notice the pink layers.
We also recommend getting the color paste from the bakery departments in any craft store.
They will give a bolder color all the while using less than normal food coloring.
Needless to say, we were glad we tested it out, but it didn't make the grade for the baby shower.
We stuck to the pie.

No comments: