03 August 2013

Green Thumb in Training

I've decided to be on the hunt for new hobbies this past summer. Moving to Idaho and not being able to work (due to the pregnancy), I've been like a fish out of water. Most of my crafty stuff is still in storage, so...I've given gardening a go.

Keep in mind, I don't own any house plants mainly due to never being able to keep them alive...so this was going to be an interesting adventure. I sincerely owe so much of the success to my mother in law, I honestly don't think we would have had any food from all of our labor without her!

The only thing I'm really missing is a picture of the garden...but who hasn't seen a garden...right? :) There is nothing better than going out to your garden and picking fresh produce for breakfast, lunch or dinner...this has become a daily habit for us. Once the season changes and our garden will be retired, it will be such a struggle to go back to store bought produce.

Anyway, here's some of our loot!
Carrots, onions, corn - oh my!

Red & BLUE potatoes!
The blue potatoes are actually purple inside.
They taste like a yukon gold to me...I just love the color!

Mat made me breakfast burritos one morning...
With fresh onion, tomatoes and green pepper from our garden.
It was delish!

No comments: