Due to the passing of Mat's Grandpa Haderlie, we postponed the baby shower for a month. We also did a joint shower with me and my sister in law, Mary Kae, who's expecting a baby boy at the end of October. It was so much fun to visit with family and friends! Some who we don't get to see that often due to the distance between us, so it was an extra special treat!
We had LOTS of pie (seriously, I went through a pie craving stage with these girls, luckily it has passed)! I made the Texas Sheet Cake, plus a blueberry pie AND a cherry-apple pie (my father in law's favorite, so if there were leftovers, I knew he wouldn't mind). We also had the traditional little smokies, chips and to have a little healthier option, yogurt parfaits.
I was so busy chatting with everyone through the shower, I didn't take a single picture. Oops! I'm so grateful for all the wonderful baby supplies we received - I feel slightly more prepared now.
I'm just so excited to meet these little girls!
Thank you so much to all who came - we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment